Summerlin, Las Vegas, and Henderson Nevada
Before receiving a dental implant, or undergoing any other dental procedure for that matter, you should feel comfortable and confident in the dentist that you choose to do the work. This includes knowing exactly what to expect from the procedure. If you have not chosen a cosmetic dentist yet, Inspire Dental of Summerlin would like to provide you questions to ask your implant dentist to guarantee you are choosing the best one for you.
Remember, a consultation should be the first step in any dental procedure. That way, you can be sure that you are both on the same page so that you can meet your smile goals.
About the cosmetic dentist:
- What type of qualifications and training do you have regarding implant dentistry?
- Are you a member of any professional dental organizations?
- What is the average success rate of your dental implants?
- It is also a good idea to ask to see before and after photos of the patients who have received dental implants.
About the procedure:
- How should I prepare for my surgery?
- Do I need to avoid any specific foods, medications, vitamins or supplements either before or after my surgery? If so, for how long?
- How long will the procedure take?
- What type of anesthesia will be used for my procedure?
- Do I need to arrange to have someone drive me to and from the appointment?
- Will I need to stay overnight in a healthcare facility?
- Should I expect any level of pain or discomfort either during or after the procedure?
- Are there any potential complications? If so, what precautions can I take to reduce the likelihood of any complications developing?
- How much will the procedure cost, and what is involved in that estimated cost?
- Are there any other potential costs that I should be aware of?
About your recovery and results:
- What does the typical recovery look like following implant dentistry?
- How will I know if a problem or complication arises?
- Do I need to plan on taking any time off of work or from my regular daily activities?
- Do I need to be on a special diet afterward? If so, for how long?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid during my recovery? If so, for how long?
- Is there anything I can do to speed up my recovery?
- When can I expect to see the complete results of my dental implant?
- Will there be any follow-up dental visits needed, and if so, how many?
- If any issues with my implant do arise, will I be held financially responsible for these follow-up appointments?
- How long should I expect my dental implant to last?
The right Summerlin implant dentist should be happy and willing to answer any questions that you may have regarding your procedure. You should feel completely comfortable, informed, and confident in the dentist you select. An added bonus is being able to choose a trusted cosmetic dentist that can also fulfill your other dental needs as well. At Inspire Dental of Summerlin, Las Vegas cosmetic dentist Dr. Matthew Wilson can do just that!
Dental Implant Dentist in Summerlin
To learn more about our cosmetic dentistry services, contact our office by calling (702) 331-4700 to schedule a consultation.
Inspire Dental of Summerlin welcomes patients of Henderson, Las Vegas, and Summerlin, Nevada.