Summerlin, Las Vegas, and Henderson
Benefiting from the latest advances in dental science at Inspire Dental of Summerlin, we use precise dental lasers to perform cosmetic procedures to contour the gum line. Using this amazing technology we will provide you with a smile that makes you feel confident.
What is a dental laser?
A dental laser is a state-of-the-art soft tissue laser which we can use to recontour uneven gums.
Using a dental laser, we can treat gum problems with minimal side effects or discomfort for the patient. The laser itself is low-powered, allowing Las Vegas area cosmetic dentist Dr. Matthew Wilson the maximum level of control and precision.
What is gum recontouring?
Gum recontouring is a cosmetic treatment that reshapes the gum line. We use the laser on patients whose gums are either receding or cover too much of their teeth resulting in a “gummy” smile. This procedure can improve the look of your smile by reshaping and recontouring your gums.
Benefits of Laser Dentistry
A dental laser is highly accurate. It is much more accurate than a scalpel, which was traditionally used in gum surgery. The laser allows incisions to be made just a few nanometers deep, which can make a significant impact in the way your gums are shaped, and specifically a smoother recovery period.
As compared to traditional gum surgery, the risk of infection afterward is minimal because the light and heat generated by the laser destroy any bacteria that may be present in the mouth!
Other advantages of laser dentistry include:
- Laser dentistry is fast. Procedures performed using a dental laser take less time, reducing how long you spend in the dental chair.
- Significantly less bleeding. The laser cauterizes as it works, so bleeding is minimal during and after the procedure.
- Minimal swelling and diminished sensitivity in the area being treated.
- Less discomfort during and after a procedure. This reduces the need for pain-relief medicine following the procedure.
- Faster recovery time. Patients can resume normal activities the next day, which also means more area of the gums can be treated at once, rather than schedule multiple separate appointments.
What can I expect during a procedure involving laser dentistry?
A dental laser will not emit a whining noise or other sounds that may be distracting or annoying to a patient. The only noise you might hear would be a rush of air. This emanates from a suction that is used to keep the area cool and clean while the laser is being used.
Laser Dentistry in Summerlin
Dental science evolves at a rapid rate and at Inspire Dental of Summerlin, we are committed to maintaining the most state-of-the-art technology to provide the highest level of care. If you are interested in learning more about laser dentistry, call our office at (702) 331-4700 to schedule a consultation.
Inspire Dental of Summerlin is proud to provide the highest level of care possible for patients in the areas of Henderson, Las Vegas, and Summerlin, NV.